Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taylor, Jasmine, and Kim's super long Hebrews assignment

       The 12th chapter of Hebrews is very inspiring and challenging. I love how Paul uses a race to explain the Christian faith. He tells us to throw off all our sin and earthly pleasures. We need to run to Jesus. We need to push through all the trials and temptations.
         I love a few of the verses in this chapter. Hebrews 12:1-2 are some of my faves. It says,"1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." I also like Hebrews 12:28-29. It says, " Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29for our "God is a consuming fire." I enjoy this chapter.
         I am inspired and encouraged by this passage in God's Word.  I find Paul's metaphor of the race and our faith. The way he explains things is easy for me to understand. He is very blunt and bold. Someone we can look up to as an example in the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment